FruitShield usage -- to control birds

Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the following product to control birds:

started to use it yesterday. Can't wait to see what the outcome is going to be.

JIMMY

Reply to
JS

Jimmy,

Why don't you just cover your crops with netting?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Too ignorant?

Netting works.

Unless you are battling rats...

Reply to
Omelet

Rats? What kinda birds are they? LOL!

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Ed,

I have problem with my backyard fruits got destroyed by the birds. Putting a net over the fruit tree is not a practical solution -- I don't think.

Jimmy

Reply to
JS

Just a personal peeve. ;-) My neighborhood has Norway rats. Consider yourself lucky!

Reply to
Omelet

Try Home Depot or Lowe's.

Reply to
Omelet

Search for bird net on the web and focus on those that provide large nets for advertising, the inside of aircraft hangers and warehouses. I have a 30'x50' knitted net that covers my entire vegetable garden (or rather the parts of it that contain things the birds bother). It also help to keep the really large and destructive vermin (deer) out.

Reply to
B. Server

Wow!! where did you buy that?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

What I'm looking for is netting fine enough to keep out the japanese beetles.

Isabella

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

dont know why it would work.... birds dont have much of a sense of taste.

so what does the fruit taste like then? po>Does any body have some success stories to tell in regard to using the

Reply to
dr-solo

The problem with that is that it also keeps out polinators. I have the same sentiments about the black, sucking stink bugs that attack my tomatoes after mid season. It has been so hot and dry this year that there are not many of them. Probably because their alternate hosts are toast.

-BS

Reply to
B. Server

Sorry this took so long. I have been changing news servers and the automatic update of the message indices takes a very long time.

Try :

can take a while to get it set up right if you are working alone, but it has lasted two years in central Texas sun with the only holes where my bonehead neighbor cut branches of his pecans and let them fall into my garden.

As an added benefit, it protected the garden from golf-ball sized hail this spring. It might not have held under a sustained storm as the weigh of the retained hail would have been too much for my supports, but for the 10 minute variety that did in all of my neighbors' gardens, it worked wonders.

--BS

Reply to
B. Server

Oooops sorry this is so late. I've been so busy preserving. Japanese beetles come way after pollination.

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse