First Catalog!

Got my first 2005 Spring catalog in the mail today. It is from Nichol's Garden Nursery out of Albany, Oregon. Earliest I've ever received a new Spring catalog. Anyone else get an early catalog?

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill Litchfield

I beat you by a day. I got my Pinetree Garden Seeds catalog yesterday. They are from Maine so I guess the northwest and the northeast corners of the country start things off. ;-) I'm sure this is my earliest ever, also.

Steve in the Adirondacks

Bill Litchfield wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Steve expounded:

I got my Pinetree catalog last Monday. I've also got the Wood Prairie Farm potato catalog, also from Maine.Those Mainers like to get a jump on the season!

Reply to
Ann

I've gotten a couple of daylily catalogs, mostly 2005 introduction flyers. Pinetree is in the reading room being marked up!

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

We got our first catalogue in this past Monday's mail. It was from Veseys Seeds out of Prince Edward Island, Canada. Ross, Southern Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b

43º17.446' North 80º13.472' West To email, remove the obvious from my address.
Reply to
Ross Reid

Seed Savers, yesterday. And it was a dark and stormy night last night, perfect for curling up with a catalog and plotting for next year.

Already see two new kinds of peppers I think I want to try...

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Heck Wild Bill, Dayton must be farther up the list than poor old Milton-Freewater. Nothing here yet.....

Bill Moats Pau Hana Farm Milton-Freewater, Oregon

Reply to
Bill Moats

Hi Bill! You may be on to something there. I have this theory that seed companies tend to send their earliest catalogs to people who buy the most from them. And, I buy a lot from Nichol's and Pinetree.

Best Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill Litchfield

Boo hoo. I had one of the first last year (Pinetree) and I haven't yet received one seed catalog. I did receive my Miller's Nursery catalog today though so that'll have to tide me over until the seed catalogs arrive.

I got my Pinetree last year before Thanksgiving, IIRC.

I think my husband has been dumping them before I get them. Wait'll his Northern catalog arrives.

Mary

Reply to
Mary McHugh

Hide it somewhere. You can use it as a hostage to negotiate a trade later.

Steve

Reply to
Steve