Does your garlic fall over in the spring?

Hi All,
Every spring my beautiful garlic plants fall over, like the wind has blown the over before they scape.
This happen to you?
-T
T wrote:

no. perhaps it could be the variety of garlic, but you could put a wind-break up for them, just far enough away so that they are not shaded by it and see what happens...
songbird
On 06/09/2018 05:59 AM, songbird wrote:

It is purple glazer, I think.
The high winds of winter did not phase them. Haven't had much wind this spring. And they do this every year. They will eventually recover when they decide to scape, then die out afterwards.

I just did a google search ... it's a common topic .. eg
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/garlic/drooping-garlic-plants.htm
We don't grow garlic - lots of neighbours do - we scrounge ! :-) John T.
On 06/09/2018 05:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Thank you!

How deep do you plant the cloves in the fall? What garlic varieties? Soil type?
On 06/09/2018 06:16 AM, Gary Woods wrote:

about 3" deep

purple glazer, I think

Started out barren alkaline. Now is is a mixture of organic fertilizer, vegi scraps, and peat moss
And these guy stand tall and proud all winder long with rain, snow, and very high winds
Haven't had much wind this spring