Dormant garlic question

Hi All,

When garlic goes "dormant" in the early spring, how long does it stay dormant? Is it waiting for fall and the weather to cool down?

And should I water my dormant garlic?

Many thanks,

-T

eventually it will regrow until it gets too cold outside. varies as to exactly when. the garlic i grow here will resprout in August or September.

no, let it rest for a few months. it probably won't really like the heat anyways.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Well, I got this garlic from Trader Joe's three weeks ago of Argentine origin. Planted the big ones. Nothing on Wednesday. But Friday, a bunch of 1" to 4" sprouts. They seems to like the heat so far. I figure if they die, I just buy some more. I do hope TJ's still have them in the fall and has not switched back to the bland American ones. All the varieties I have planted do not like the heat.

I wonder if since these came from Argentina, if they have summer and winter backwards. Hmmmmmm...

That is entirely possible. About 10 years ago, I got some mail-order iris to expand my color selection. I have no idea where they had been grown, but for the first two years the silly plants tried to bloom in February (In Ohio).

Reply to
Drew Lawson