Chilli Plant's leaves

For some reason the leaves on my chilli plants have turned a sorry pale green. Some have yellow speackles on them. Does anyone know why this would happen? Its indoors on my window sil.

Reply to
Grub

How many hours of direct sunlight does it get per day?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Spider mites? They're also not likely to be getting enough light but that wouldn't cause the speckles.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Thanks for the replies

Its kept on the east facing windowsil so gets, well not much during the winter months I must say.

Reply to
Grub

This will make the plant weak. Also houses are typically too dry for growing many plants. A chilli is not an indoor plant which are typically selected from those that grow in understory low light conditions.

The weakness will also make it more susceptible to diseases and attack by insects and mites. Chillis and capsicums are warm climate and warm season plants that like full sun to do their best. You don't say where you are so I am guessing somewhat but you might do better to grow them as an annual outdoors or at least in a sun-facing (away from the pole) window.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Or if you just want to grow them as a decorative plant, supplement with a grow light

Reply to
Billy