Another Harvest tale

There are 7 quarts and a pint of honey on the shelf from the first super , and 2 more supers awaiting extraction tomorrow . I'm trying to decide how much I need to hold for our use , that will determine how much I can sell . I wasn't expecting having any at all to sell , since I focused this year on increasing my hive count - the saying "You can make bees or make honey , not both." is apparently only true sometimes ... And once again the honey is very light with a very delicate flavor . I bees a very happy beekeeper tonight .
This was supposed to go out last night on eternal-september ...
The extraction is finished now , with a total harvest of 5 gallons and a little bit . Next year I'll extract as soon as I pull the boxes , I lost probably a gallon to wax moth damage . Apparently I didn't have them sealed as well as I thought , a wax moth got in and laid eggs in a couple of frames in the 2 boxes I had in the house . The larvae eat the comb and leave a trail of webbing and feces . That honey goes back to the bees , they'll clean up the mess and salvage the honey .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old