Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chinese gooseberry
CBC radio podcast < hope the link works ? > John T.

anybody home?
it has been a while and not much new to report when it comes down to garden items. at least until the weather warms up and spring gets closer... however, before then i have to test out a few things...
15
15

bug cycles
this winter it is box elder bugs. when the weather fluctuates they are around the house (inside). last fall there were a large number around the outside of the house so i figured there would be some...
4
4

cut from linden
How close to the stem do you cut branches on a small-leaved linden or "Tilia cordata"? Right now it is mostly about getting the downmost smaller branches away so people don't get them in their heads...
1
1

Winter Gardening
My wife has started planting seeds in the greenhouse, inspired by all the s eed catalogues we've been getting recently. She likes to work out there whe n it's bitter winter outside. The people at...
8
8

Feeding plants flies for protein using soapy water
How does a single soap drop of "flak" incapacitate a housefly? Do you think the dish soap is bad or good for the plants? What is it about soapy water that knocks house flies right out of the air? In...
3
3

George says hello
he's still kicking. he e-mail works. rattle his brain. :) songbird
4
4

borer resistant squish
just reading along in another forum and came across this and thought i would post it here for T. Tromboncino (a.k.a Zucchetta Rampicante) a very long squash, can be harvested young and used like...
26
26

a few snow pics
from the recent sparkle goddess... Various things around the place... http://www.anthive.com/img/decorations/thm/pc140013_Bumps_Shadows_thm.jpg...
5
5

got this bit done
for the website finally... probably needs editing and polishing, but at the moment i want to get on with other things. songbird Learning by doing...

Br-r-r-r
Winter finally made it down to the sunshine state. Frost this morning: Not unheard of but unusual this early in the season. Overnight low of 30° on the our front porch. Not real optimistic about the...
10
10

on to the next project
surprisingly nice weather, and the ground dried out enough i could finish up the last few gardens that needed seasonal debris buried. then once i finished that i could start in on a project i wasn't...

Lemonade
Should I leave a shoot from the rootstock below the graft? presumably some sort of lemon Would I end up with lemonades and lemons?
1
1

too muddy to weed lately
but i got out yesterday to do some trimming back of unwanted trees in the north hedge and also cut back the apple saplings again. with the loppers i can take down a fairly decent sized limb (a few...
2
2

and in other good news
the semi-feral kitty has been back. actually i think it is a different one as it looks too light in coloring. yesterday when some friends stopped over (and brought me some leaves and ashes :). the...