on to the next project

surprisingly nice weather, and the ground dried out enough i could finish up the last few gardens that needed seasonal debris buried.
then once i finished that i could start in on a project i wasn't really expecting to get to until next spring or summer. the north east garden needs some digging to get weeds out of there (thistles, garlic, grasses, other weeds) and other work to get it back into shape.
a few hours of digging a day is all i am wanting to do now. trying to keep my shoulder moving, but not overdo it. seems to be going ok.
the soil back there is so much nicer than it was years ago, now several shades darker and crumbles a lot more than it used to. i'm happy to see plenty of worms as i'm digging. :) if i had a good fence around it i could get a lot of vegetables out of there. without fences it is hit or miss depending upon which animals find it.
as it stands it is the last priority garden i work on because it lacks protection and there are plenty of other gardens to keep me busy. i still like it because it lets me try different cover crops and see how they go and which the animals seem to like and it is also a good source of nitrogen based green manure if i want to harvest it and add it to the other gardens.
songbird