Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Back door lock mechanism
I have a PVC door that has a lock ref: Ferco 4.35, which has broken. This lock pushes bars into the top and bottom of the door frame, rather than having rollers slotting into keeps on the upright of...
4
4

Block weights
Has anyone got a link for a decent comparison table of weights of various types of building block please? TIA
2
2

Windows for Garage Conversion
Can anyone suggest a DECENT site for windows? I don't want a salesman coming round, hassling me about everything. I want to specify what I want, and get the proper price first time. Took a look at...
2
2

Alarm PIR's
I have an alarm system that has a PIR in the detached garage. Every time we go on holiday the alarm triggers via the garage PIR. I can pinpoint it to when the dustbin men come by looking at the alarm...
19
19

Vaillant Combi Boiler Sabotage?
There's a key underneath the boiler which can be turned to increase the water pressure - this has worked fine for years. After I last had the boiler serviced (British Gas on their cheap service...
1
1

Tile on tile
I'm planning to retile the shower cubicle and intend to simply tile over the existing sound tiles. Is there any particular kind of preparation I would need to undertake/particular type of adhesive...
5
5

Help patio door
Double dlazed french door, lifted handle up ready to lock, then it went stiff, now I can,t open door, i.e handle won't go down past the horizontal
1
1

New build extension too cold
Hi, About 5 years ago we decided to put an extension on the side of the house but it has not been a success as it is always too cold in winter unless we spend a fortune on heating. It was built to...
7
7

mist of white paint on car....
Guys, In the dark I ran over some white paint and it got splattered in a very fine mist down the side of my car - which is black. After hours of T-cutting I have got this of my paintwork. However, I...
4
4

Door handle operation question
Front door - removed furniture - painted door - replaced spindle, handles etc - not now working like it used to...have obviously re-installed something wrongly... BEFORE - When unlocked, to open door...
8
8

Automatic radiator bleed valves
As I have a radiator that constantly needs bleeding I was interested to here someone tell me that you can get a self-bleeding valve that replaces the existing bleed valve. I've had a quick look on...
6
6

Kitchen units - Nolte, Sheraton, Hacker
Folks, I've posted for some earlier advice on this but looking for a bit more if any of you can help. In summary, trying to understand the proper price differential between the makes Nolte,...
5
5

Not water coming out of hot taps - help!
It's lunchtime and went to wash up my dinner plates - no water coming from the hot tap, same in the bathroom, cold water is fine. There hasn't been any signs of problems. Any ideas? Ours is a...
5
5

baxi 105 he instant
Placed a posting here a few weeks ago but got no response, I'll try one more time before I spend a fortune on repairs. The problem is intermitant, it is that 4-5 times a day the hot water suddenly...
2
2

How to connect condenser tumble drier , dryer
Condenser tumble drier.... Do I just run the flex pipe directly into my standpipe or do I need to run to a U-shaped pipe first?
1
1