Vaillant Combi Boiler Sabotage?

There's a key underneath the boiler which can be turned to increase the water pressure - this has worked fine for years. After I last had the boiler serviced (British Gas on their cheap service deal) I noticed that the key had gone. The engineer was a bit of a bozo and I thought no more about it, assuming that a screwdriver would function just as well.

The pressure needs increasing - using a screwdriver I can turn the valve and hear water flowing but the pressure indicator stays the same. Have I been sabotaged?

Reply to
Tim

Sounds like a phone call to BG is needed to get the key back. When we had this set up the top up supply was connected with a flexible hose which was supposed to be disconnected when not in use. Has your BG engineer diligently disconnected it?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike