Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

BBQ Grill for brick BBQ?
I would like to build a brick BBQ. Can anyone suggest where I might get the grill tray etc. I want to get these first so the brick part can be constructed accordingly. Thanks mark
3
3

Bathroom fan trips circuit breaker
Got a bathroom fan thats been there since the house was built (only 7 years ago). Its got a pull string switch as you go into the bathroom and the fan is on the opposite outside wall. Been working...
17
17

Flashing
my builders repaired my conservatory roof, but they just put this flashing on the brickwork, but thought the flashing had to be embedded into the cement and then overlaid onto the conservatory. the...
1
1

Battery Charger Repair ?
Hi, I have two 8Amp battery chargers that I use on my mobility scooters that need repairing. Do you know someone or a company who can repair them please. Each battery charger new is about £145 and I...
38
38

Is there a brush-on type of roof sealant/colouring?
I intend to power wash my clay tiled roof and hand brush on a sealant/colouring finish. Is there a liquid equivalent to the spray-on liquid as used by the roof restoration contractors? Beemer
6
6

Radiator , every one is fine except one !!!
Basically , combi boiler , 8 radiators in total in the house , all other radiators are fine , except one , it works fine , but over say a month it tends to end up full of air ? so i use the key to...

UPVC Cleaner?
Trying to find some proper chemical stuff the professionals use not the rubbish at b@q etc and not fairy liquid or cif. I've so far tried 4 diffent types and wasted a lot of money :/ Any...
4
4

2-way ligthting - Finding the Feed
Hello all, I have two way lighting setup and I want to find the feed (phase) wire into one of the switches. I'm using a DVM switched to AC with the backbox earth as a ground. I can't seem to find a...
2
2

boiler problem
Hi, Today I put my heating on for the first time in about a month but it lit and kept making a noise like it was going out and then right away igniting again but this was happening so fast it wasn't...
2
2

Double glazing paint
Double glazing paint -------------------- I have typical white double glazed windows on a red sandstone building. In my view, this is inappropriate. I now wish to paint these to a more subdued brown...
6
6

Strange Radiator/Boiler problem
Hi all We have a glow-worm space saver Mk11 Balanced Flue Boiler in the kitchen, which is used to heat the water and supply the radiators when heating is required. Upstairs in the 2nd bedroom there is...
4
4

using sealant
Hi, How to you get a perfect run of sealant when using a sealant gun? I know it sounds daft but I struggle to get a good run when I use my sealant gun. I wet my finger afterwards and run it over the...
3
3

Plate Compactor
Guys, I'm thinking about doing my own driveway this month and have laid down about 2 inch of type 1. I need to compact it and was thinking of hiring a plate compactor at about £45 per week. However,...
4
4

Wickes button flush cister problem
I've got a Wickes cistern that has the button top flush on the top. I guess it's about 5 years old now. The problem I'm getting is that fairly often once flushed, the mechanism will stick causing the...
2
2

Tile help
Hi all, I am about to tile "mosaic sheets" the bathroom floor. I also need to replace the pedestal sink. Should I replace the sink first and tile round it, or can I tile first and then fix the sink to...
2
2