Flashing

my builders repaired my conservatory roof, but they just put this flashing on the brickwork, but thought the flashing had to be embedded into the cement and then overlaid onto the conservatory. the workers only stuck this flashing onto the brick work like celotape. is that the norm, because in time the rain will get behind it and then peel off and I will be back to square one again

TIA

Reply to
STEPHEN

Stephen,

If it's this stuff

In may last job (housing and public building repairs) this was used very effectively for all sorts of waterproof repairs - and in fact, if it's applied correctly to a dry and dust-free surface - can be a beggar to shift even when the surface under it becomes wet.

My concern here would be that you are using an outside wall (above the conservatory roof) as an inside wall (below the roof) and unless bricks have been removed at roof level, damproof trays fitted and the bricks replaced (with the correct lead flashings onto the roof), then it's possible for the outside skin of the wall to become saturated in heavy weather and the damp to 'creep' down the wall into the conservatory.

Or alternatively as a cheaper method, for the brick joints to be chased out to around 3/4" to 1" deep and stepped lead cover flashings inserted into the joints and dressed down over the lead flashings or flashband from the roof.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G