Wooden paneling.

Hello all, recently I have decided to do anot aged wood panelling on my kitchen island like the picture that I have attached. They have premade "tiles" of this stuff that you can put together yourself but it would cost me about $800 to go that way. So my plan was to buy some rough cut wood and stain it different colors myself then cut it and slap it up on the island. I'm not sure what kind of adhesive I should use though or if I have to do anything on the island to prep it before hand. Right now it's just painted. Any advice on this whole project would be greatly appreciated.

Jdaley06

replying to Jdaley06, Iggy wrote: Just about anything you'd expect will work solidly for decades. If flat backed, Wood Glue...blue Titebond 2, very good tack or initial holding. For very rough or uneven backsides go for much thicker caulk style adhesives like Loctite PowerGrab, Silicone Caulk or even Latex Caulk. Do Not use "Construction Adhesive", that LAUGHABLE GARBAGE barely lasts 10-years and should be outlawed.

- You'll want to polyurethane (or 2-in-1, stain and finish) the entirety of every piece so expansion and contraction doesn't happen, afterwards just glue them on. If you like it a lot and might want to take it with you, then glue them to 1/4" plywood and use a literal few screws to attach the panels to the island.

Reply to
Iggy