Watery spray paint

I have a can of red glitter spray paint that when I go and spray it It's red, glittery, and watery. I tried to u clog it because my boyfriend said that's why with water then a needle. Neither worked. What's the issue???
replying to Leticia, Iggy wrote: Follow the can's instructions, they aren't completely wrong. But, it sounds like it's working to me, maybe just shake it longer if you think it's "too" watery. Spray paint's watery or it wouldn't spray. Only if it weren't spraying, coloring or glittering would there be an abnormal situation. - Follow the can's instructions for storing the paint. Hold the can upside down and spray for a few seconds until the output is clear or colorless. This, clears the paint's entire pathway and is what you do before storing the can for ANY length of time (can be stored for years and used with confidence until the can's finally empty). Then, you can shake it vigorously for at least 2 full minutes to get the paint to come out as intended.