Power Tools for the Home

I'm going to be doing some work around our new home, and thought it best to invest in some proper tools. I was looking at power drills, and I really think I'll ned one with the support handle like this one ((Amazon.com product link shortened)/). However, this one is well out of my budget. I was hoping anyone would be able to recommend a similar drill for a lesser price that will still be reliable.
Thanks, Chris
On 10/01/2017 16:44, Chris Smith wrote:

I've cross-posted this to the newsgroup uk.d-i-y, where you may get better advice. OTOH you might get something to do with Brexit instead...
Andy

Thanks for that - gave me a good laugh.
--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged

If you only have one drill it has to be SDS. Crazy to not have SDS.

What use would a battery drill be without mains to charge it up? In any case a builder would use a genny, then get the mains on as the first priority.
Bill

I have a charger for my battery drill which runs off a car battery. Standard Ryobi accessory.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 21:51:50 +0000, newshound wrote:

SDS??

Electrically powered drills that use internal pneumatics to give them extra hammering power. Once you've used an SDS to drill holes in hard bricks you'll never want to go back to an ordinary hammer drill.
SDS use a special chuck with bayonet sort of bits. Most can be set not to rotate so you can use chisels as well as drills in them.
--
Chris Green
·

On 11/01/17 15:30, mechanic wrote: