testing extractor fan

Is there such a product as something which will make a non-staining "cloud" which could be released in the inside of a room so that it could be seen on the outside when the extractor fan was running ? The outlet of my bathroom extractor fan is too high to get to easily so such a method would make it easy to see if the fan is venting correctly. TIA Phian

Reply to
Phian

As you want to test the ducting not the fan then try something like

It is non toxic etc. If you have access to the ducting run (eg loft) then check for leaks along the run as you do the test.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Equally effective is to run a hot shower in your bathroom on a cold day, steam up the bathroom alot and then turn on the fan, go outside look at the outlet. You see "steam" coming out, it's working. You don't? You have a problem.

Al

Reply to
Al

Do you know a gas engineer who will let you have a smoke bomb which they use for testing chimneys ?

James

Reply to
the_constructor

Just what I was looking for - thanks.

Reply to
Phian

I don't know one at the moment but will bear the thought in mind.

Phian

Reply to
Phian

Next really frosty day I will give it a try, thanks.

Reply to
Phian

Make your own

This will of course end in a divorce