Removing carbon from brass

Does anyone know of an easy way to remove carbon deposits from brass (blow torch) I can use a polishing mop on an electric drill but wondering if there is a liquid or something that I can dip in to make this easier.

thanks

Reply to
Scudo

Try oven cleaner or leaving it in a solution of washing powder for a few hours.

Reply to
EricP

I have no experience of removing carbon deposits from brass, but you could try a ceramic hob cleaner such as Hob Brite. This is a mild abrasive which should remove the deposits but not scratch the brass. Obviously try it on a small low profile area first. Ceramic hob cleaner also good for cleaning the burnt-on dirt on glass-fronted gas fires.

Reply to
a2z