PVC Windows

Can anyone please advise where I can get information (customer feedback/complaints) regarding replacement window companies. I am interested in getting quotes from Safestyle UK, Soundglobal (trading as Sterling PVCU) and Homeshield UK for replacement windows and would like some information on their track records.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Pete Wilson

You could try

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Pete Wilson wrote:

In Scotland there's a body called the Window Advice Centre (has Glasgow, Edinburgh & Dundee branches).

I know it's Scotland, but maybe England has something similar (Google?)) I was put in touch by a poster to another ng after our daughter suffered three hours of intensive hard sell by a Weatherseal rep. An WAC architectural technician came, on time to the minute, measured up, sent for quotes to several *trusted* installers, sent us five quotes with complete breakdown for the top (cheapest) three. We've selected one and we're just waiting for a date for installation. WAC hold 25% deposit, inspect after the installation, and if they're satisfied with the qualitry, etc, you pass the balance to WAC who pay the contractor, issue a cerificate that the work is up to WAC's high standards (you get full list of their expectations, including BS numbers for materials, workies' behaviour (clean up at end of each day, for example!) and you also get a ten-year guarantee from the contractor. The WAC man said the contractors they use really are good: they get a lot of work from WAC, and know they'll be deleted from the WAC approved list if they don't come up to scratch. What does this cost? Not a bean to you: a small percentage (apparently WAC used to charge a £22.50 fee to customer) is added to the contract, which keeps WAC going. I've dealt with two "big" contractors, our neighbours had hell with another one, and my daughter (late 20s) was literally in tears after the Weatherseal man left (he actually tried to stop her physically from phoning us for advice, standing with his arms outstretched between her and her phone), so the WAC service came as an absolute godsend. Though this is a Scottish bunch, I've gone into detail because I found all our dealing with them and the chosen installers to date have been more than satisfactory, and I hope you are able to find a similar body in your part of the world. Good hunting, Rab.

Reply to
Rab Bruce

Safestyle have a reputation for shoddy workmanship. But a satisfied customer (Or Safestyle employee) is going to flame me for saying that here!

Reply to
a.n.other

Ignore the nationals, and find an independant local fitter, preferably by recommendation from someone you know or someone nearby whose windows you have seen replaced recently. Failing that, a recommendation from a local glass shop, followed up by seeing some local installations.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

or even someone who had their windows done 5 years ago and is still happy with them AND the company is still trading !

Reply to
me