plasterboard joint tape

I ordered some joint tape, but it was not self adhesive. Then somebody said It was available self adhesive - but that turned out to be Skrim tape ( sort of open weave fibre galss type ) What I want is a tape that is self adhesive, but suitable to cover joints prior to painting - it is not going to be skimmed. Is there such a tape and where can I get it ?? TYIA

Reply to
Tim

It's just paper tape. 'Artex' do one and so do Knauff and British Gypsum. Just go to your builders merchant, they'll have it. But you have to bed it with joint finish and then feather it off with further coats. Bit of a sod to get lookng right.

ken

Reply to
Ken