What tape for plasterboard joints?

I've just built an inner room in the workshop (for grinding and dust collection) and want to paint the bare plasterboard to brighten it up. Is there a recommended tape I can put over the joints (it won't be skimmed) before painting?

Reply to
nospam

In message , snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com writes

How about ordinary gummed paper tape? Still available, via eBay.

Reply to
Graeme

I've looked at some and it had a waxy surface that I don't think would take emulsion - more research needed!

Reply to
nospam

Brown gummed parcel tape takes emulsion very well. Or use brown parcel paper cut into strips and paseted.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

if you want to reduce the appearance of ridge lines tear the edges off the tape , the resultant tapered edge blends in well once painted. personally though by the time that you have faffed around with tape a light grade lining paper could be put in place for not much more effort, still joints but smaller ones. often lining paper is place horizontally which may mean less of them.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

paper tape & wallpaper paste.