Paint recommendation for new plaster

I have recently had some walls skimmed and now need to paint them.

What white emulsion would you guys recommend so that I can do it in the least coats possible?

Reply to
Steve Rainbird

Be sure they are absolutely dry first of all.

Any emulsion, I have been using the cheap own brand stuff from both B&Q and Focus recently, with perfect results. Just water down your first coat and then two thin coats would give a better finish.

HTH Steve

Reply to
stevej

Dulux trade supermatt - is ok on walls that are not thoroughly dry as well

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Or Crown Covermatt or Macphersons' Eclipse, designed for use on new plaster, allows any residual damp to escape.

Consider sourcing from one of the trade (Crown/Dulux) decorator centres rather than B&Q etc.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Dulux Trade Supermatt. First coat watered down. 2 coats (including the watered down one) will be ample and you can paint it already without further waiting.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle