narrow water tank

Living in North London and looking for a few plastic water tanks about about

10 or 12 inches or so (25 - 30cm) wide, (length and depth not so important).

The purpose is; to put in it some *invasive* bamboo plant and then run them alongside the fence of a very small garden, so as to act as a screen.

Any idea where water tanks might be found please? Thanks.

Reply to
johngood_____

In keeping with the spirit of a.h.r., I'll ignore your question and ask my own. So you're going to make potted plants, above ground? Or are you going to bury them? Holes will obviously let the roots out, so what are you going to do for drainage? And I have to ask, with all the choices, why the invasive stuff?

Reply to
Smitty Two

18 litres/4 gallons cold water storage tank.

Reply to
DIY

DIY many thanks. Smitty what a wag you are! a.h.r. ....www.ahr.org.uk you dont need drainage, bamboo in sealed boxes copes alright without it. invasive is as invasive presents itself !

Reply to
johngood_____

Just get big plastic nursery pots (5 gal or more) and cuts the bottoms out. The roots don't generally go deep enough to get out. I used 14" aluminum sheet around a bed of bamboo, and it lasted better than 20 years before the bamboo finally made it out. I am assuming that the aluminum finally corroded away in our acidic soil. They also make plastic sheeting for root barriers which would work fine.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F