Limescale inside the shower head

What's the best way to remove limescale from inside of the shower head which blocks the holes?

Thanks....Eric

Reply to
Eric Hall

Maybe stick it in a bucket (plastic) of citric acid overnight? Or anything that gets limescale out of a toilet bowl?

We don't have that problem on Dartmoor - especially as my water (if you pardon the expression) comes from a hole* in the garden..So I am just guessing.

-- Sue

*Well, well..
Reply to
Palindr☻me

"Eric Hall" which

I use 8-12 mm deep ordinary malt vinegar in a plastic large coffee-jar lid. Soak perforated rose overnight, and rinse out bits later. But don't know what happens to limescale deposits accruing in 8kW shower heat exchanger, though.... this build-up must reduce its bore. Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory

ive sprayed some of that cillit bang stuff on the shower rose before, left it for a few minute then turned the shower on that seemed to clear it up pretty well and quickly

"Eric Hall" blocks the holes?

Reply to
jbbkt