Lidl high pressure taps

Saw these in store last week, but passed by as were only for high pressure systems {as is common in most of Europe}; presumably without storage tank in loft as I have. If installed in such a system what makes taps unsuitable, as surely water would flow through??

Reply to
Gel

I haven't seen them and there shouldn't be any safety problems like there would be the other way round, ie fitting low pressure taps to a high pressure system.

Water would indeed flow through, the only problem I can foresee is if they are very small bore, it may flow through very slowly without mains pressure behind it.

Dos the inlet look like a normal 15mm/1/2"BSP job?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I'll be intersted in the response too - having bought some taps like these and may have to send them back. Any way to use them on an unpressurised system?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Water does flow from them on low pressure but it's a bit of a piddle and there is the constant danger of backing the water up into the roof tank if they are monoblock ones. I have basin and bath on these, and they work well but we have to be very careful before the combi arrives and all goes mains pressure.

Reply to
EricP