warped laminate sheets

I have just had delivered some sheets of special ( very expensive ) laminated waterproofed material( an alternative to tiles ) for cladding the walls of my new 900x900 shower. This material is meant to be stuck onto the walls with a gripfill type product and is about 11mm thick.. I am a bit concerned to see that these sheets are warped...........perhaps by 1 inch over the length and I am concerned that the adhesive will never hold them flat against the solid walls and my partition wall I have created to form the 3 sided alcove. I'm worried that the laminated sheets will pull off and give me warped walls. Should I send them back............. before I try and fit them and find out the will never go flat?

thoughts please

all the best

Barry

Reply to
bs

Don't send them back mate - get the idiots that you purchased them from to do the running around and collect them and replace them with flat sheets. The reason for the warping is that they have been stored at the merchants on probably only 2 bearers and have been sat around for a while outside.This is because the srorepersons do not realise how much this stuff costs and store it in the same way as they would store any plasterboard - normally very badly ! If you can store them somewhere flat for a while they _may_ flatten out but I very much doubt it. If you were fixing them to timber battens or studwork it would not be a problem but if I were you I wouldn't try to stick them up as it will all go pear shaped at some point - probably when you come to the tiling. Franko.

Reply to
Franko