Are these mixer taps suitable for my system?

I looked at some bathroom mixer taps in Argos yesterday. They say they're suitable for most pressure systems, but they also say that for low pressure systems (i.e. tank fed) the head should be a minimum of

1.5 metres above the highest point of the shower head. My tanks (Elson) are in the bathroom itself and don't meet the 1.5 metres requirement (presumably measured from the surface of the water in the tanks?). There is, however, a shower pump which I assume was installed to compensate for the lack of pressure. Would I be OK installing these taps?

thanks for any advice

Reply to
Rainman

Yes. Your shower pump (assuming the taps are pumped) will provide at least 1 bar of pressure, perhaps more. This is equivalent to 10 metres of head.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks, I will go ahead and the price is better than anything I've found in the sheds and various plumbers merchants and there's a three year guarantee

I had tried installing a mixer tap before that turned out to be suitable for high pressure systems only and I couldn't get a decent flow out of it. The transformer for the shower pump has three settings: low, medium and high, and it has always been on "low". I didn't it on the high setting because someone told me it would accelerate the pump burning out.

Reply to
Rainman