Plugging a cast iron pipe

Hi, I need to cut off a 6.3cm cast iron pipe & plug this. What's the best way to do this?

G.

Reply to
Gerd Busker

Plug it for what reason? Cosmetic, or to prevent the escape of..... ?

Reply to
Steve Walker

It's an ex-drain for an ex-sink. Couldn't care less what it looks like as long as it doesn't smell. Unfortunately it's too long so I'll have to cut it.

Can put on a PVC compression fitting, but wondering if there are other ways to more permanently plug the end. This end will never be used again so the more permanent the better.

G.

Reply to
Gerd Busker

Jam something like a tennis ball into the pipe to contain any cement or liquid epoxy you can then fill the end with.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yep, that'll do nicely.

Reply to