Gas Flame Supervision Device (FSD) 2010 regulation?

Reading around I see references to a new regulation covering FSDs for cookers, hobs, and such, that is apparently due to come into force in May 2010. Can anyone tell me what this new regulation is please?

I ask because I am about to buy a new hob that doesn't have FSDs and it may not get fitted until after this May deadline, so I'm not sure whether to get it or not. BTW I'm in a house, not a flat or the like.

Reply to
clangers_snout

See this thread but in summary it is only for multi person dwellings, i.e. flats

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for that John. I'm aware of this regulation which came in 2008 I think, but it's the 'new' 2010 regulation I am particularly concerned about. Or are they the same thing?

Reply to
clangers_snout