garage door paint

Hi

Can anyone recommend a type of paint best suited for painting a metal garage door. I was looking at Dulux weather shield, but the colour choice isn't that wide ?

MTIA Steve

Reply to
stevej

I use garage door paint but the colour range is limited. For example:

If you want a different colour you could try any high quality professional gloss paint.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Thanks for that, hammerite is top stuff from experience. Though the colour range is limited as you say, infact it's almost identical to Dulux's!

Cheers Steve

Reply to
stevej

Paint on garage doors makes them VERY heavy. It would probably lighter of you used car type spray paint.

Reply to
Jim Scott

I used automotive paint sprayed on. It has lasted five years so far. When you've got nothing better to do you can polish it and get it really shiny. Do it during the day while the neighbours are at work. Nice wind up ! Rob

Reply to
Roberts

We bought a metal garage door and took it to a car-painting shop where they gave it a lovely glossy brown finish. 20 years later, it is still going strong. There is only a slight dulling of the finish. Lorne

Reply to
hlmw