What is the typical hourly rate for a gardener

I am looking at getting a gardener to do ongoing weekly maintenance - ie. cut grass, etc....

Wondered what people's experiences are... and what the typical hourly rate might be. I live in Weybridge in Surrey. I am guessing £15 to £20 per hour.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Dawson

Anyone interested in a sweepstake to guess the number of applicants(to the nearest 100)?

Reply to
Limey Lurker

That's similar to what self-employed gardeners charge in my area (south-east Kent).

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

.. >I am looking at getting a gardener to do ongoing weekly maintenance - ie. .. >cut grass, etc.... .. >

.. >Wondered what people's experiences are... and what the typical hourly rate .. >might be. I live in Weybridge in Surrey. I am guessing £15 to £20 per .. >hour. .. >

.. >Nick. .. >

They have just had this discussion in uk.rec.gardening ....

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P