Electic built in oven/Hob replacement

HI guys

Have brought a new electric hob and oven (600mm) to replace my father aging originals, will i be able to put the old ones out and re use the wiring ???

any info much appriaciated

Tony

Reply to
Tony & Debs

If you could say how the old ones are connected it would be helpful in the advice giving process.

Reply to
EricP

ok the oven wire is connected to a normal 3 pin plug, and the hob to the cooker switch on the wall, they are both about 12 years old.

Thanks

Reply to
Tony & Debs

Recent posts in here suggest that ovens are arriving with plugs on them and so there should be no problem there if yours comes with one or you have to fit one.

The old hob will be connected to the wall by the usual hole and tightening screw fixing. Remove the wall plate under the work surface and switch the wires over.

Obviously not only turn the wall switches off but also disconnect at the consumer unit before playing with the wires.

Reply to
EricP

Check the loading on the oven & RTFM I have come across some recently that exceed 3.5KW There should be a rating plate on the casing somewhere

Reply to
kitchenman

Thanks Guys

all fittted now with no problems