cost to plaster a chimney breast

hi, can anyone give me a ruff guess at what it would cost to have a living room chimney breast plasterboarded and skimmed top to bottom, its a standard size in the living room made of red brick,

cheers

Reply to
Darkvisor

DIY about £25

Reply to
EricP

cheers but need someone to do it for me

Reply to
Darkvisor

And it's dimensions are....?

Reply to
Aardvark

Seems to me to be a days work for a tradesman and his mate. Down our way you'll pay about £20 an hour average, so I would budget on (2 blokes x 8 hours @ £20/hour =) £320 + materials, say £350 (+VAT if they're registered). That's a lot of money, but I'm afraid that's the way the building industry is these days.

Reply to
Bypass

A day's work, which is going to be around £250 depending where you live.

Why do you want it plasterboarded? If you're hiring a plasterer, I suggest you have it properly plastered.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel