Wallpapering a chimney Breast.

Whilst on the subject of wallpapering......
I want to wallpaper one wall of my living room. It has a chimney breast with a fire. The chimney breast is a about 2 and 2/3rds of a roll wide.
My question is: Should I start with a full width right in the centre or a full width either side of the centre line?
I've not done wallpapering for a very long time so approaching it as a novice.
mark
Mark wrote:

I think the recieved wisdom is to start with a centralised strip.

Lucky you :-)
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Plain paper, start with a full width in the centre; patterned paper, ensure that the pattern is centralised, even if that means that the paper is 1/4 or 1/2 width off centre
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:03:32 -0000, "Mark"
.. > .. > .. >Whilst on the subject of wallpapering...... .. > .. >I want to wallpaper one wall of my living room. It has a chimney breast with .. >a fire. .. >The chimney breast is a about 2 and 2/3rds of a roll wide. .. > .. >My question is: Should I start with a full width right in the centre or a .. >full width either side of the centre line? .. > .. >I've not done wallpapering for a very long time so approaching it as a .. >novice. .. > .. >mark .. > .. > .. > Something to avoid, is the edge of the wallpaper not overlapping the corners.
Mike P

If I put in a central first strip the strips either side will wrap around the corner.
mark