Black & Decker Workmate .. is it good for..

mitering? I've got a workmate, and I thought there would be an easy way to set it up to cut 45 degree angles.. but it's not obvious.. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Nic

Reply to
nichollette

Yep. It grips a mitre box very nice and firmly.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Or one of these if you screw a length of 2" x 1" on the bottom

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Dunno, but it's no good as a step ladder, as i found out one day, top is made of MDF it seems, and can't take 14 stones standing in the middle of it... for some reason,

still, a couple of steel repair plates made it almost as good as new.

Reply to
gazz

The top of mine (ca 1980) is inch thick plywood. Looks like they've downgraded the spec - again. The oldest ones had die-cast alloy pieces; mine is pressed steel.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yep, still got one of these. ISTR in the original advertising it was put forward as something to stand on - now the advertising says the later versions can't take it.

Alan

Reply to
ajp

Mine is one of the oldest ones. New doesn't always mean better. Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith