Asphalt/Tarmac Paint

Had some work done on house but the guy who did the work left the tarmac stained with building materials.

The guy has done a great job and has for a good price so i have said i will see to the drive myself.

I have tried brick acid which didnt remove the stains so thought about paint.

The only paint i have seen is £30 for 5 litres but as anyone any advice on a cheaper method or is this the only way.

Cheers

Coop

Reply to
Coop

What exactly did he soil the drive with, cement, plaster or what?

ken

Reply to
Ken

We had 3 1/2 metres of concrete dropped on some visquin (sp) some tears appeared and bits come through.

Coop

Reply to
Coop

The only cheaper alternatives I can think of to painting the whole drive would be to either paint the concrete patches with garage floor paint to match the tarmac, or to dig out the stained tarmac and refill the holes with fresh tarmac. It would be worth asking a firm that does driveways what they recommend for concrete stained tarmac.

Reply to
Factor 13

If u ask a tarmac contractor, ask the price of a 3mm agg slurry seal, its a bitumen slurry with a 3mm aggregare to give wearability, usually screeded on by a hand squeegie for small areas such as drives.works well on old drives that are showing their age & seals against water ingress, & of course colours it all tarmacadam black to boot.

Reply to
Merlins laptop ©

All this is not going to be cheap, which makes the good price he paid for the original works not such a bargain.

ken

Reply to
Ken