Gate valve broken

I have a broken gate valve in the pipe feed from the cold water tank for my mixer shower. ( It won't close). Are there any products available that can just be screwed into the pipework to stop water flow from the storage tank without me having to drain it?

thanks

Reply to
Deighton Ridge

I have a broken gate valve in the pipe feed from the cold water tank for my mixer shower. ( It won't close). Are there any products available that can just be screwed into the pipework to stop water flow from the storage tank without me having to drain it?

thanks

Reply to
Deighton Ridge

Put a taper on a cork (Stanley knife) and push it into the tank outflow orifice - I assume you can tolerate a wet hand!

Julian

Reply to
Julian

great idea thanks.