Aligning kitchen unit doors

Bangs head on desk :-| Any tips?

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

What do you mean by align dear?

Have you got the usual bunch of adjusters on each hinge? If so, whats the problem?

Reply to
EricP

Tighten all the screws in to begin with. See where the doors are in comparison with each other. If a door tilts downward away from the hinge end, then the bottom hinge adjust screw needs loosened, but you may also have to loosen the main retaining bolt to allow the adjustment to take effect. Once you have the door aligned correctly, then tighten the main retaining bolt to secure the door in place.

Of course, Vice Versa if the door tilts upwards away from the hinge end, then the top adjust screw need loosened. But start with all screws tightened so you have a base position to start with.

Good luck with it.

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks for that.

However if the drawer (one in each unit at the top) are slightly out of line, I'm quacked. I did it as good as I could get it though.

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

Straighten

Yes

Perfectionism.

Oh, HOW we laughed:-)

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

You asked about doors! We did doors. Drawers is xtra!!

Reply to
EricP

One only found that out afterwards. They're only sligly up on the right, just a bit, a teeny bit.

Pah!

Dinnertime! :-D

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

A tap with a hammer and block of wood on the drawer rail, the bit fixed to the cabinet wall, might just do the trick for you. You will also have to retighten the screws after doing this. Sometimes the walls of the cabinets can be slightly off, so a tap with the hammer trick usually works. Mind and not hit the rail directly with the hammer so put a small block of wood against the rail and hit the wood.

HTH

Reply to
BigWallop

It sound funnny you saying give it a small tap with a name like Big Wallop!

Tomorrow, I'll do just that. The former, not the latter :)

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

Please don't do the latter, or you'll break it. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop