Washing Machine Pans

While searching the net for a good washing machine pan that fits under both the washer and dryer i found this site:

Has anyone bought one of these and if so - do you like it? They look great and up to now i have only heard of metal pans which won't work for me as i have kids and do not need sharp metal corners in the house. If you need a washing machine pan I would take a look at these if i were you. they look pretty great.

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 15461 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
waulee

I was at a Sears Outlet store the other day, and noticed they had some heavy plastic washer pans. They looked pretty sturdy with nice rounded edges. They were pans for the washer only, but they may have others available.

Reply to
MacD

I don't think I'd want my dryer sitting the the same pan as the washer... Dryers are frequently designed with electrical components down low, with the idea that they won't be sitting in a puddle of water.

Reply to
PeterD

What original spam.

RicodJour

Why would you put a pan under your dryer? Does it leak too?

Reply to
Bill

(please do not top post...)

The reason the OP was saying that was to spam his/her products... I explained why you would not want a common pan under both in an earlier post.

Reply to
PeterD

The bulk of the electrical components in most dryers are well above the edge of any pan. The motor would be the one thing that may or may not be below the height of the pan. It's rather unlikely that the pan would fill with much water as a pan would have to be connected to a drain to be a truly satisfactory solution.

Reply to
jamesgangnc