roofing pipe vent boot seals, FYI

I never knew these needed to be replaced on a regular schedule. The
roofer said every 5 to 10 years. Mine leaked. I am looking at a few
weeks worth of work and a lot of money to fix the rotted wood. My
roof is 20 years old, the roof vents might have been leaking for 10
years or more! I found some "lifetime" guaranteed boots, $80.00 each,
not cheep, but I bought them. These are not one size fits all. Each
size fits only 1 size pipe.
Well worth it in my book.
Look online for them. The big box home stores only sell the "cheep
ones" at $5 to $10 each. Extremely expensive when you need to pay a
roofer a few hundred bucks every 5 or 10 years to replace them.
Just my .02 YMMV.
Randy
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy