residential alarm wiring

Looking for infomation on wiring magnetic switches on window and door jams. I have one wire with a red and a green running from my alarm pannel past two windows and one double sliding door. The switches have two wires comming off of them.

The switches are secured, I am not sure how to hook the wires to the switches or the pannel.

Reply to
azkiefers

Check the manual for the alarm system. Some are wired parallel, some series, and there are other 'tricks' to detect wiring cuts, etc. Most alarms can be configured for the type of wiring used.

Reply to
PeterD

eg sometimes you need to add a resistor somewhere.

Reply to
CWatters

Next governor of California?

Reply to