PEX IN SLAB?

As I prepare to plumb my new house, I've been stopping to check out new installations done by professional plumbers. I notice that they run the pex under the slab. I know this is discouraged with other types of plumbing, but with a pex tube there are no joints or splices and it would save me a bit of work.

Any opinions about running pex under a slap?

Thanks, RO

Reply to
Robert Olin

Done all of the time. This is a very useful manual if you're planning a PEX installation:

Read it all before you start buying stuff and doing your layout.

RicodJour

No problem. Just remember to insulate the hot pipes or you have underfloor heating.

Reply to
Cwatters