Is pex OK in phoenix high heat cielings?

My brother called from phoenix. He is laid off. His hot water line under concrete floor is leaking. He heard water running.

I suggested he run PEX from the attic down rater than spending big bucks to cut his slab floor.

He tried to tell me PEX is no good in phoenix cielings because of the heat, he claims it will fail.

I kinda doubt this since PEX is made for hot water.

anyone have any ideas. I am far far away in pittsburgh where high heat isnt a issue. Freezing is our problem:(

Reply to
hallerb

Bob,

I'm in Las Vegas, NV, eight hours away from PHX. I have a full PEX system, manifold, and all the PEX is in my attic. Insulated with blown insulation.

Heat or even freezing is not a concern.

He can do a PEX run or many runs and not worry.

Heat is not a problem for him - even without insulation if in the attic and not subjected to UV rays.

Reply to
Oren

Ceilings, not cielings. It's 'i' before 'e', except after 'c'. Usually!! Damned English language!

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Dem dang peoples dat lives 'round feenix doan noes how too spel. I bet dey all be talkin mexakin.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas