Good Choice of Wireless Infrared Camera ?

For security purposes, I need to select a good , reliable, Wireless Infrared Camera. It needs to work well in the daytime, and decently at night. It can only be wireless, and should send a signal consistently, about 200 feet.

I have not decided if I want one that will work with a regular tv monitor, or if I want it to be used in conjunction with my pc. It would me nice if I had one that could do both, so that I could monitor at my pc, and have a regular tv act as an auxliary monitor in another room.

Is there a unit that allows for all of this use ? I know there is a lot out there, and when I googled for info, I just get overwhelmed. I thought that maybe some of you have used these type of cameras and could offer me some advice.

Thank you very much for any advice !!

James

Reply to
James

they have most everything, 200 ft needs better equipment than local stores carry.

Reply to
ransley

Thanks ransley !! I will study the info at that link. I am still hoping that someone can tell me about a specific camera that they have used with good results.

Thanks again

James

Reply to
James

well, I looked at that site, and it seems only to be a search engine... I already have that...

James

--------------------------

they have most everything, 200 ft needs better equipment than local stores carry.

Reply to
James

Read my other response. I tried some wireless products, and realized that running cables was the only reliable way to go.

I also forgot to mention that virtually all low end wireless components are not secure, and can be monitored by the 'bad guys' easily. I have a basic wireless receiver in my truck, and when I drive around, I'm amazed at what I see--peoples homes, bedrooms, (no baths, yet, fortunately) and back rooms for business. Instead of providing security, these setups are actually weakening it! (Especially home systems whcih are not usually recorded!)

Reply to
PeterD

Very, very helpful comments, Peter ! I will study this.

As far as 3rd parties monitoring my camera, that is not a problem. This is a vacation cabin, several miles from any neighbor, and virtually no traffic.

I may ask you further questions later on, if you don't mind Peter.

James

Reply to
James

No problem...