i live on the third floor and there are no fire escapes, no screens in the windows, (i have small children ages 4, and 2) the water is really cloudy when it comes out of the faucet and the apartment across the hall had mold in the ceiling and the people moved out because of it. and a lot of my electrical plugs either dont work or spark when you plug something in
First; Your apartment was built to code at the time. Unless there have been major building repairs it is only required to meet the code in effect at the time it was built. As to the mold issue, the owner of the property should handle that. Second: Plugs that don't work are one issue, however my concern is the ones that spark. That is a fire hazzard and needs repairs ASAP. if you can not get any response from the owners, contact your local building inspections department. They have the powerÂ to enter any property at any time to inspect it and make sure it is safe. You can also talk to the Local fire marshal, or electrical inspectorÂ in respect to the electrical issues. I hope this helps.