Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Not a Blopen stain, but...
My dining table has a formica wood-look top. A few months ago a spray bottle of kitchen type bleach solution (Clorox Kitchen or Tackle, I think) got tipped over on the table in the rush of everyone...
1
1

Re: Cleaning shower doors
Try wiping with vinegar.

Re: Update to Blopens on the dining room table - I never would have thought of this
Would it work for water rings?
3
3

House Cleaning
Student available to do your housework and laundry. Very reasonable flat fee. Queens/Nassau/Suffolk.

How to get rid of stain on toilet bowl?
Hi, I had tried using CLR and other stain remover but they does not seem to work. Anyone has a solution? Sue
2
2

Stained bathtub
I moved into an appartment, and the bathtub is stained. It's an old tub, and the shine is long since gone, but I'd like to get it as clean as I can. Since the enamel finish on it is pretty much gone,...
3
3

bad smell!
Hello, I just got a condo, but the odor of the condo was full of cooking, spices, and cooking oil smells. I painted all the walls, changed all the carpets and cleaned every part of the condo. I also...
4
4

statue repair
I have a small stone statue that broke in two. I can repair it but what type of glue would work on stone? I don't know what kind of stone (if that even matters). I figure a type of glue may work. Any...
1
1

Re: electric jugs
boil a bit, say 1/2 full then add a good whack of vinegar. leave as long as possible, overnight is good then poke bits of lime away from the element and nookies with a wood skewer or a hard brush and...
2
2

FIlter Queen Princess III Vacuum 'NIB' For Sale
I am selling a new-in-box, complete, Filter Queen Princess III vacuum. This vacuum was initially purchased for approx. $1,500. It has remained in storage and has never been used with the exception of...

Fabric protector
We bought a new living room set. I am considering to protect couch and loveseat. Our cat starts to scratch side of couch already. My major concern is how to protect fabrics. Scotchguard would protect...

Dish towels
I have a set of seven Days-of-the-Week dish towels, white with brightly colored embroidery. My husband made the mistake of drying a stainless steel pan with one of them. The bottoms of these pans are...
18
18

Re: vacuum bag
If the dirt chamber is sealed, then a plastic bag could be used.

Re: Slow-running drain
I found something in a Black & Decker Home Maintenance book that works for me -- combine 1 cup of table salt, 1 cup of banking soda and 1/4 cup of cream of tartar. Put a scoop of it (I use about 2...

Re: Blopens on the dining room table
Hi Sher, I don't have any advice, but I'm crossposting this to There are some helpful folk there that may help :-) Nan
4
4