bad smell!

Hello,

I just got a condo, but the odor of the condo was full of cooking, spices, and cooking oil smells. I painted all the walls, changed all the carpets and cleaned every part of the condo. I also aired out the condo for a full week. The smell was much better, but did not fully go away. The only thing I did not paint was the ceiling, but because of the way the ceiling was painted, it is not really possible to re-paint at the moment.

I got all kind of odor eliminating products, none helped. I just got an ozone generator from BioZone. I am still waiting for the unit; it is really my last hope. Do you think it will help? Do you have any other suggestions? Is it possible for the smell just to go away, if I don't cook the same things? How come the small stays for so long?

Reply to
Mike Peretz

The ozone generator will help. For safety, run it while the condo is unoccupied. The smell must have not been bad enough to pick another place to live; otherwise, after a few weeks your nose won't be able to detect it. When I was house hunting, I quickly passed up homes with animal, musty, or strange odors.

Reply to
Phisherman

This won't be the most sophisticated answer you'll get, but it may be the easiest...

Try setting out some "Bounce" rags. The kind you use in the dryer. The more, the better. Too many is not quite enough.

Reply to
The Other Harry

Do you have a separate air conditioner? Did you change the filter? Time will probably help .

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

Yes, there is a separate air condition until. I got the most expensive filter and paid for cleaners to come and clean all the ducts.

I wonder if anyone out there used an Ozone Generator.

suggestions?

Reply to
Mike Peretz