Oven cleaning help :-)

I have a "continous cleaning" oven and the owner's

Wow Phish, I'm seeing you in a new light, I never thought you to be the type that left yucky stuff in your oven!

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Just following the manufacturer's written recommendations. Carbon residue on a "continuous cleaning" oven is the nature of the beast. What's left after food burns? Mostly black carbon. I guess it's not much different than a chimney flue. This oven came with the house, and if I should ever replace it it will be a "self cleaning" oven.

Reply to
Phisherman

The "yuckiness" of thoroughly burned residue that might cling to the inside of a self-cleaning oven isn't anything that'd worry me. The manual for my own, far from new, oven mentions a cleaning temperature of over 900F. The same manual also mentions not using heavy-duty oven-cleaning chemicals. If I were *extremely* picky, I might slap a wet paper towel with some dish soap on a burned spot for a while and see if the spot would dissolve, but for the most part, I can live with whateve survived a sterilization of 900 degrees.

Reply to
Frogleg