How to clean aluminum baking pans used for roasting. Black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues.

How do you clean an aluminum baking pan that was used for roasting?... there are baked on black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues

How would that home cleaning remedies guy on public television, Graham Haley, clean it with some compound of various proportions of vinegar, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar or other substances?... especially without need for any elbow grease!

Reply to
dsaklad

Scorched food residues. Aluminum baking pans used for roasting.

How do you clean an aluminum baking pan that was used for roasting?... there are baked on black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues.

How would that home cleaning remedies guy on public television, Graham Haley, clean it with some compound of various proportions of vinegar, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar or other substances?... especially without need for any elbow grease!

Reply to
dsaklad

Try soaking with baking soda or using a baking soda paste. Be aware that aluminum is reactive to many chemicals. I have replaced all aluminum cooking pots/pans with stainless steel and iron ware due to the possibility of aluminum contamination with foods.

Reply to
Phisherman

... including baking soda. Soaking in hot water can help. Otherwise it's mild detergent and scouring pads.

I have replaced all

The Alzheimers Society doesn't seem to share your concern.

Bart Byers

Try one of those white cleaning pads on the market now. I've used them to get baked on brown gunk off several pans, then wash with soap & water afterwards. Might help to soak with hot water for a bit first, to soften the gunk and make it easier to get off.

Reply to
nobody

I think you mean "magic erasers". I hadn't thought to try that. I have some old favorites made out of aluminum that I keep on using even though they don't look great. Dawn makes a cleaner that sprays on and will take off a lot of baked on gunk. You can find it at most stores. I will try the eraser and see if that does any better. With the Dawn, you spray it on and leave it a couple of hours.

snipped-for-privacy@home.net wrote:

Reply to
Dottie