BRICKS- Cleaning Help

Can anyone help me please, I have a brick veneer interior, white bricks and they need cleaning badly, rooms have carpet in them, can someone please advise me on how to cleaned these walls, they are pretty dirty thru age and dust and mildew thank you Graeme QLD Australia

Reply to
Graeme

What have you used thus far to clean them? A veneer, even faux brick, is only glued on so you'll want to make sure that the chemical doesn't leach through to the back and dissolve (or worse) the adhesive.

If it's white, that makes it even tougher because some chemical reactions will also "yellow" the white.

I'd start by testing a small - inconspicuous - area with simple dish soap (Ajax, Joy, grocery store brand) and hot water; scrub it with a nylon vegetable brush. If it's dirt and dust, the soap will also cut through any grease and tar from cigarettes (if that was also an issue). See how the small area does. If you think the white is better looking, move to a larger area.

If you have a carpet and tile place around where you live, they might also have a product for cleaning veneer brick.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

If my veneer needed cleaning badly, I'd invite a toddler to try it. Mine needs cleaning in the worst way. I wouldn't expect a toddler even to know what the worst way is.

Reply to
E Z Peaces