Best hardwood cleaner setup

Anyone have a recommendation for the best hardwood floor cleaning setup.

Something that:

1) quick to setup / start 2) fast and good cleaning for mild dirt, some clinging spots, lots of pet hair 3) cleans up and stores quickly

Thanks....

Jeff

Reply to
Joe

Here is what I like for SEALED hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and ceramic tile.

I use a soft broom to sweep up large amounts of pet hair and other obvious debris. Then I use an electrostatic pad, like a Swiffer dry mop, to remove dust and small particles that the boom misses. (If you don't have a lot of debris, you can skip the broom and go right to the dry Swiffer.) After the floor is free of dust and debris, I use a steam mop. The steam mop cleans all the remaining sticky, clinging spots and sanitizes the floor. The steam is great because you don't have to use a mop and bucket, you don't run the risk of getting too much water on the wood floor, it cleans and sanitizes without chemicals, and it dries quickly.

Reply to
Vox Humana

A dust mop with a swivel head. For spots, use a damp sponge and dry with a rag. For thorough cleaning I recommend an oil soap (such as Murphy's Oil Soap), but only if the floor finish is in good condition. Water can damage wood.

Reply to
Phisherman

Something that:

1) quick to setup / start 2) fast and good cleaning for mild dirt, some clinging spots, lots of pet hair 3) cleans up and stores quickly *************************

First I vacuum and then use Bonakemi.

microfiber mop is great and the liquid is the best I've used.

Reply to
Bonnie Jean